Sunday, February 3, 2008

I may not have it all, but it's close enough

I sit at my bay window. I puff at my ciggie. I look down at the passing traffic – cars, cabs, busses with their fog lights on. I see people walking by, wrapped up in bubble jacket, totting umbrellas. I look over at the public swimming pool – it's empty, the pool drained out. I see buildings enveloped in fog. I see the green green hill, top covered in white white fog. I watch the drizzling rain. And was that snow I see? The slightest little droplets of white floating around, teased by the cold cold wind. No, it can't be snow. But I'd like to think it is. I smile as I feel the icy cold breeze against my face. I smile watching my breath vaporise. I feel like a little girl, watching her first winter. I take a look around my flat. I'm in love.

It's not snow but it's close enough.

I don't have it all, but it's close enough.

*smiles*

No comments: